- Finding Reputable Breeders
English Mastiffs are considered to be the heaviest breed of dog. According to the standard, their weight should be about 175-190 pounds. However, individual dogs can be much larger. Color patterns also differ from one dog to another. English Mastiffs can be fawn, brindle, or apricot in color. Although there are a number of features peculiar to the breed, each dog is unique and needs special treatment. What type of dog you want to see as your companion or competitor depends solely on your taste.
Obviously, the right choice of an English Mastiff breeder plays a vital role in the whole of your future dog ownership. In order not to make a gaffe and save your pains when finding a breeder, try to listen to some specialists' pieces of advice.
It is recommended to start looking for English Mastiff breeders in one of the breed clubs. As a rule, club members deal with the English Mastiff for quite a long time. It is not just a hobby for them, since much time is devoted to learning more about the breed, participating in various research studies, rescue work, competitions, and other activities connected with breed promotion.
Buying an English Mastiff puppy from such a breeder is one of the safest ways of acquiring a healthy dog. Besides, the decision to buy a puppy registered with a breed club has other pluses. Clubs usually supply owners with a lot of information on how to feed an English Mastiff, train a puppy or a young dog, and other tips necessary in such a hard business as dog owning. Very likely, you will be provided with a list of health screens recommended for English Mastiffs, and a few addresses of vets and other services.
It can be that you will not find a breeder immediately. There is some sense to gathering data on available English Mastiffs in other states, and even countries. Many breeders announce their new litters before the actual time of birth.
No matter where you buy an English Mastiff puppy from, there are certain questions that will help you to find out whether the breeder is worth your trust. Make sure the breeder has enough experience with the English Mastiff. Check pedigrees and that a set of shots was given to the puppy. Determine if the breeder is willing to help you overcome potential difficulties with your future dog. It is wise also to talk to a few breed owners who bought their English Mastiffs from this very breeder, and ask for references.
- Breeders Links
- Breeders Links - US
- Indiana. Photographs, pedigrees, photo galleries (natural, show, and obedience), upcoming litters, stud dog.
- New Jersey. Photos, planned breedings, background, showing, companionship, family, stud dog.
- Information on their stud dogs, brood bitches, and more.
- Puppies, males, females, and contact information.
- Kennel history, litter announcements and photos.
Brite Star Mastiffs
- Contains list of champions, puppy gallery, and breeding achievements. Auburn, CA.
- Massachusetts. Puppies and stud service. Written guarantee. Pictures.
Excellence By Bobaras
- Have been breeding dogs since 1960.
- Breeders of English Mastiffs. PA.
- Missouri. Photo, contact information, breeding for over 20 years.
- Breeders of English Mastiffs located in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Breeders located in West Virginia offer pictures of their litters.
Moon River Mastiffs
- Georgia. Photo gallery, philosophy, all Mastiffs are family members, pedigrees including testing information, planned litters.
Mountain Shadow Mastiffs
- Breeder displays the male and female English Mastiffs in her kennel. See pictures, awards, and pedigrees, and look for available puppies.
- West Virginia. Photographs, background, pedigrees, books, breed standards. Information about English bloodlines in the U.S.
My Big Dog Farm - English Mastiffs
- Breeders located in Michigan supply pictures of their dogs.
- Breeders of Mastiffs located in Texas.
Oak Meadows Ranch Mastiffs
- Breed English Mastiffs in Indiana and Texas.
Omar V. Herman Mastiffs
- Breeders located in California with show pictures.
The Mastiff Sweet Spot
- Florida. Mastiff stud service and occasional Mastiff puppies.
Tri State Kennels
- Breeding quality Mastiffs. Minnesota.
- Examine the kennel's studs and ladies, including pictures and pedigrees, and view the litters. Read about the breeder's goals and contact them. Missouri.
- Breeders Links - International
Alkestra Mastiffs and Bullmastiffs
- Contains pictures of dogs, stud dogs, breeders' links, and health information. UK.
Allevamento Talia Althea
- Italy located kennel offers a pictures gallery.
- Sweden. Pictures, pedigrees, breed history and books, imports, stud dogs.
Baskerville Gentle Giant
- Home-raised puppies occasionally. All breeding dogs fully tested. Ontario, Canada.
- Breeders of English Mastiffs located in Germany.
- Kennel located in France offers info on their English Mastiffs. Available in French and English.
- Breeders of Mastiffs located in Germany.
Del Molosso Di Bronzo Mastiffs
- Kennel is a member of Italian Molosser clubs. Italy.
Du Clan De Bloody Cape
- Kennel located in France offers history of the Mastiff, and pictures of their dogs.
- Breeders located in Germany offer pictures of their dogs, and contact information.
- Breeders of English Mastiffs located in Germany.
High N Mighty Mastiffs
- British Columbia, Canada. Pictures, philosophy, diet, temperament, contracts and pedigrees.
Krozairs of Kregen
- German breeders of Mastiffs since 1987. Available in English and German.
- Information on past and present Mastiffs, puppies, and links. UK.
- Have been involved with Mastiffs since 1995. UK.
Of Seven Oaks Mastiffs
- English Mastiffs from a German breeder.
- Kennel located in Norway breeds Mastiffs and other dogs. Contains English version.
- Information on available puppies and planned litters. Located in Ontario, Canada.
Res Rusticaes Mastiffs
- Breeders of English Mastiffs since 1983. Germany.
Disclaimer: We do not endorse or guarantee any pets, breeders or their advertisers. We recommend that you contact as many breeders as possible. This will allow you to obtain the best education before purchasing an animal. Ask questions, get references, and ask for written proof of registrations and any other certifications.